A Private Surf Lesson can be booked 7 days a week at any HSS location — Spring Lake, Lavallette, Seaside Park and Farias x Hammer Surf School in LBI. Booking a Private Surf Lesson allows you to get personalized instruction if you are a beginner and perfect a specific skill set if you’re a more seasoned surfer. If you’re doing a lesson solo, then a private lesson is, of course, 1:1. A semi- private is a 2:1 ratio of students to staff. If there are several surfers in your group, then we will provide a 3:1 student to staff ratio (however, a 2:1 ratio can be provided if the group age, skill level or ocean conditions require us to do so). Private lessons are 75 minutes however we can extend that lesson time upon request. We can also accommodate any size group — private parties and groups are always welcome!
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Private lessons are 75 minutes.
- We provide all you need to surf — including a wetsuit and board. Please show up in a bathing suit, with a towel, sunscreen and anything else you may need. (You can leave personal items under our tent — however, do not come with anything valuable, as although we consider belongings safe, we cannot be held responsible for missing items.)
- If you have your own board or wetsuit, you are welcome to use them.
- At our Spring Lake, Lavallette and LBI locations, HSS student(s) as well as parents/guardians do not need a beach badge to access the beach during your 75-minute Private Surf Lesson.
- At our Seaside Park, HSS can provide a beach badge for the HSS student(s) plus one parent or guardian during your 75-minute Private Surf Lesson. Additional guests must purchase a daily beach badge.
HOW TO SCHEDULE
We book private lessons based on the tide, the ocean and weather conditions as well as your schedule and instructor availability. We will always work with you to set the day/time you request but also maximizes your surfing time. All Private Surf Lessons are 75-minutes as we feel this provides ample surfing time. If you would like to book an extended lesson for a large group or party, we can absolutely accommodate you.
Please call us at 732.966.6430, email Nicole@hammersurfschool.com or click the Private Reservation tab below. Please always include the name of the student(s), their age(s), location you’d like to surf as well as any particular dates and any time restrictions you may have.
*All Private Lessons are 75 min