Sam Hammer started Hammer Surf Team in 2016 to coach and mentor young surfers. He uses his elite background and competitive knowledge to transform their surfing. From correcting bad habits to mastering new skills and learning contest and heat strategy, your child’s surfing will benefit greatly, while enjoying water time alongside other young surfers with a wide range of skill levels. Sam is able to offer unparalleled personalized coaching in a fun group setting.
- Each season (fall, spring and summer) a new Hammer Surf Team program will begin. Hammer Surf Team will meet for 2 practices per week for 8 weeks (16 practices total). Practices are 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Hammer Surf Team’s home base is Remsen Avenue, Spring Lake. This will change only if needed due to conditions or due to a special plan by Sam Hammer and all will receive advance notice if that is the case.
- Each student will receive a Hammer Surf Team t-shirt, hat and board stickers.
- We will always plan to be in the water as much as possible however, Coach Sam Hammer will decide to do on-the-sand endurance drills (such as sprints and other exercise moves) as he sees fit to go along with weather/ocean conditions but also to help promote endurance and cross training needed for surfing.
- We will hold an open Hammer Surf Team tryout before each season so that Sam can see the skill level of each new member. Your RSVP for tryouts is requested.
- Tryouts will include 15-20 minute contest-like heats of free surfing as well as a swim test.
- Every Hammer Surf Team member should have their own equipment including a board and wetsuit. If your child has not yet transitioned to a hard board, they can complete the tryout with a foam board (yours or ours) and then one of the coaches will make a suggestion for what type of board to buy based on their height, weight and skill level. We prefer you to wait to make sure you purchase the best and right equipment.
SPRING 2018 HAMMER SURF TEAM
- Spring Tryouts will be on Saturday 4.21.18 at 9 am; Remsen Avenue in Spring Lake. Please RSVP to email@example.com so we know you’ll be joining us.
- The spring Hammer Surf Team program will run from the week of 4.29.18 to 6.23.18.
- There will be 1 weekday practice at 4 pm and 1 weekend practice at 9 am. We will be finalizing the spring team days once we receive all RSVPS and have tryouts.
- You can choose to do a full program (16 practices over 8 weeks) or a half program (any 8 practice sessions). You are responsible for attending all sessions. No refunds.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you have any questions.